Monday, March 7

The Earthquake

Room 7 has four new students.  They are from Christchurch and have come to Nelson because ...

On Tuesday 22 February 2011, Christchurch suffered a massive earthquake.  Half of the CBD (central businesses district) got written off.  My dad owns a restaurant. One of the staff member's mum got stuck in the CTV building.

I was in school starting social studies - and it happened. I dropped under my desk. I pulled my friend down with me. I was worried about my family and friends. At school our back field broke and lifted up and started spraying water everywhere. At home my house was destroyed. Unlivable, demolished and in ruins. One my dad's work men drove us up the day after the quake and we're staying with my granny in her cottage.

Suddenly the ground started shaking, everyone started running towards the middle of the field. The cliff started collapsing. Boulders were rolling down the cliff face and landing on houses. I was thinking about my family and friends would they be alright?   When we looked around we saw that Redcliffs School was not going to be in business again for a long time. Although we were told we had to stay at school, we felt safe at school and were quite happy to be around our friends until my mum came to get me. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment