Sunday, September 5

Our First Full Day (The Zoo)

Today we woke up and strolled on down to the breakfast buffet, and when we got down there, I took one glance at it and saw that it was a "Breakfast Fit for Kings." I stuffed my face with mouth-watering dishes like scrambled eggs, omelets, and cinnamon rolls.

After breakfast, we walked outside to the trams/trains and had so much trouble paying for our tickets because we didn't have any change. But then we realised (or rather I realised) that the people on the train didn't even ask to see our tickets, so it was kind of a waste of money.

When we arrived at the zoo, we rushed in to see the dinosaur exhibits. Once we were fully in the dinosuar "habitat", we noticed that we were going to be walking against fake rock that looked like a big canyon full of automated dinos. There were even some control panels to control the dinosaurs by pushing different buttons. (But of course, my siblings attacked the control panels.) We exited the dinosaur area and passed through the Canadian Wild Lands. I didn't find the Canadian animals' habitats very exciting because I see those animals all the time while my family drives around the countryside here. But there was one animal that did catch my eye, and that was the Wood Bison. The information panel said it was supposed to be the largest land mammal in North America, but I didn't believe it because I have seen some pretty fat cows around. We crossed the bridge to the other half of the zoo and had lunch at the Kitamba Cafe. Then we walked over to listen to a talk this zookeeper was giving about the zoo's gorillas and gorillas just in general. It started to rain, so we walked into this big indoor rainforest. I am so sorry but I cannot describe the beauty of the rainforest but I can tell you this; it was just the right temperature for a rainforest. When we walked out of there, we went into this indoor conservatory that had beatiful gardens and butterflies. (It was really amazing because the butterflies were just free to room the conservatory.) After that we went to see the hippos, porcupines, and giraffes, which were also indoor. Then we went to see the camels and the elephants. Everyone was starting to get a little tired, so we left the zoo with memories to remember.

We arrived back at the hotel, went swimming like yesterday, and had Domino's deliver our pizza to our room for dinner.

Well, got to go. It is getting late.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your post Zarek. You express your ideas in a way that keeps me hooked and wanting to read more. I loved the expression stuffed my face with mouth watering dishes. And the way you describe your siblings I can just picture what is happening : )
    You are having a great time that is obvious. Keep us posted.
    Regards
    Mrs H

    ReplyDelete