Sunday, September 12

Max in france

As soon as I got of the plane I realised that I was in for a hot time in Hong Kong. When my family got into the terminal we were directed to a taxi and were driven straight to our front door. When we got to the hotel I walked inside and felt the cool blast of air conditioning. It felt fantastic.  I really don't like hot temperatures!

When we had checked into the hotel I plodded towards the  lifts. The lifts were really beautiful.  They had golden doors.  They took a while to come because the building had over 30 floors. When we were inside the lift I noticed that the 4th,14th and the 24 floor was missing from the building.  Apparently  the Chinese people think that the number 4 is evil and it meant death.  The 32nd floor was our floor and as soon as we got into our room I looked through the window and saw how high we were.  The people down below looked like ants and the cars looked like toy cars. 

Hong Kong was like this:

We saw lots of the old people pulling rubbish carts around the streets.  I think this is because they didn't have any money to live so they had to do what they could to earn some.  We also saw many people who were poor.  We could tell by their clothes that were ripped and dirty.

There were lots of lit up signs, so it was very bright at night.  There were loads of cars that always beeped their horns. It was very busy and densely populated.  There were loads of people on the streets and it looked like most of the people lived in apartments.  The apartments were tall and squashed together.   Most of the buildings were very crumbly. All the washing was hung up outside of the buildings. I thought that it wouldn't be very clean because of all the dust and dirt of the city.

There were lots of street markets that sold fish and fruit and vegetables.  They also sold things like chicken feet and meat that was hanging outside with all the dust and heat.   We went to one street market  that sold lots of goldfish and angelfish.  Chinese people think goldfish are lucky. 

It was surprising that there were no flies because usually hot places have loads of flies.  The other surprising thing is that there were not alot of birds.  Maybe it is because all the buildings are so high and maybe because there is not alot of green trees.

Hong Kong was a really interesting place because the way of life seemed so difficult and different.



 
  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Max
    You must have been publishing this as I was adding the pj video clip! When I first looked at the posts there was a couple of entries you had started and by the time I signed out your post was there. Well done a very informative post.

    I remember the shock of the heat when I went to Hong Kong. It is different to our heat, it's a kind of sticky heat because of the humidity.

    I have just been down to listen to the Easy Tigers with some of the band members. The Easy Tigers are really good. Isaac, Jake, Owen and Dylan played for The Easy Tigers before going home and sounded pretty good too.
    I'll try to remember to take a video clip of the Y7 band (we'll have to get you all to decide on a name) and post it on the blog so you can see their progress with We're Gonna be Friends.

    Anyway, enjoy your time over there and do keep writing more wonderful descriptive posts.
    Cheers
    Mrs Hosie

    ReplyDelete